Thread: Wheel jacks...
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchinanchuZee View Post
No alstan, Im talking about a miniature Low profile jack. We all have scissor jacks that came with our car, but if our car is lowered, we can kiss that jack goodbye right? So I'm talking about a mini-lighter weight low profile jack. One with a longer lift face to reach the jack point, and maybe a 12inch removable jack arm. So for weight purposes you can either remove the scissor jack from the truck, and either find a way to fit it by the wheel, or stash in the cargo net...if you have one. In a non descript long bag of course.
Ah, ok. Got confused there for a bit.

To be honest, I would say the stock spare scissor jack is about as low profile and compact as it's gonna get. No other design I can think of can fold that small, and have such a low min starting height. If it comes to a point where your car is basically touching frame to the ground, you'll have to jack up the rear (if the front is flat) or the front (if the rear is flat) to get enough clearance to wedge a block or something underneath. But this is probably gonna be a very rare scenario.