View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #329 (permalink)
Ridgerunner
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Black 6M SP
Ridgerunner is on a distinguished road

I will vouch for the quality of BDL99's harness. If you bought something like this at an auto parts store, it would cost you double, at Nissan probably triple. I am happy with my purchase.

I read about the fuse pull solution after I ordered the harness. I contemplated pulling the fuse while I waited, but decided to wait for two reasons. One is I wanted to wait to see if there were any side effects on the fuse pull (there is, a delay from start button push until crank for some) and the fuse box is not one that has easy access like under the dash or top of the engine bay.

So if you have not made a move to disable the steering lock, you can pull the steering lock fuse which currently seems to cause a slight delay in engine start or buy the harness. One is free and the other cost you 50 bucks. I would maybe wait some to see if there is more info on the fuse pull delay, especially if your car is still in warranty.

I would say the harness install would be easier having reviewed both instructions and having done the harness install. Tugging up and out on the battery compartment fusebox attached to the main wiring harness worried me a little but would not have prevented me from doing it if that was the only solution.

If you have the troubled older steering lock, ya got to do one of the two or you are sitting on a time bomb ready to go off at the worse time and location and it will cost you over 500 bucks plus wrecker.
Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote