View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #193 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
Hi,

Euphoria pervades this thread!

I (equally self-congratulatory) think "for real" is misleading and was already done by me. It's better done well away from electrical HQ which takes a lot of time to get at with care...and is slightly risky.

Hence my original thread starter "Steering lock cut the wire/switch optional"

Do not regret the harness ... a fifty very well spent. (not on me!)

The harness or cut the wire: either seems the best solution by far. rhd has an excellent photoset on the thread "Cutting the brownie".

Either way is lightning fast and involves no removal of plastics and IPDM. Add a switch and you have complete flexibility (especially for testing engine problems, and also have security better than Nissan's OE)

[Pressing the brake pedal on an M/6 in neutral, OKs an engine start-up too]

The fuse is a little obvious.
I would not suggest a DIY-er go anywhere near the IPDM area or its fuses.
Lifting it out spells problems for amateurs. Wiring disconnects or shorts, or simple fatigue without great gentle care, (all the wiring is so short) can cost a fortune as in locating the problem(s) and passing blame.

"fuse" sounds great but they are not at all easy to get at amidst a maze of wiring and relays. The IPDM is "not serviceable" (fuses apart) is expensive, and your dealer may ask embarassing questions about a missing fuse at this heart of your electrical systems.....and blame you for everything anywhere.

Further you can not change a switched mode without much work and Interference with the IPDM, but can change everything in minutes with a cut wire, especially on a harness.

Whatever works, works.

Fritz
you really don't seem to understand the idea behind a fuse then or a fuse box...

The way to pull this fuse is the same way any dealer person would by removal of the box and pulling it out. There is no interference and no issues unless you decide to cut all the wires coming out of it... If you pull the box and see for yourself maybe you'd actually understand.

Also the entire idea of worry over a dealer looking at a missing fuse.. i hope to god you haven't otherwise modified anything on your car because they would definitely look at those more than a missing fuse.. Seriously?

Getting to a fuse is easy btw, if you think its difficult, please never modify anything on your car other than applying a removable sticker to the window. Even then, please consult the manual... as it may prove difficult for you.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote