View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #323 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
Hi,

Do not regret the harness ... a fifty well spent!

The harness or cut the wire: the best solution by far.

On another "for real" thread, there's regrets about the harness 50 USD.

I would not suggest a DIY-er go anywhere near the IPDM area or its fuses.ni
Lifting it out spells problems for amateurs. Wiring disconnects or shorts, or simple fatigue without great gentle care, can cost a fortune.

"fuse" sounds great but they are not at all easy to get at amidst a maze of wiring and relays. The IPDM is "not serviceable" (fuses apart) is expensive, and your dealer may ask embarassing questions about a missing fuse at the heart of your electrical systems.

Further you can change nothing without much work and interference with the IPDM, but can change everything in minutes with a cut wire, especially on a harness.

Fritz
Why don't you read the wiring diagram Fritz and get back with us on the other thread.

I would love to hear your explanation of when fuse 48 is removed the damage it will do.

Tic doc clocks ticking.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote