View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #1135 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
First of all, nobodies dismissing anyone's "opinion". The point here is that there is really no bases to have a negative "opinion" on a car "s" that have received such overwhelming praise.

Again, if the car "s" (BRZ / FR-S) where deemed somehow "over-priced / under-powered) according to various reports then sure there may be a legitimate bases for criticism but this is not the case.

If you personally driven the car "s" and felt for whatever reason they where "over-priced / under-powered" sure your opinion would be more valid for "you" personally.

I haven't stated one way or the other that the BRZ / FR-S are defiantly well worth the price, etc. However, based on reports there is NO reason for me to think everyone who's tested the car is somehow wrong.

Obviously if you're more into #'s the BRZ / FR-S aren't for you but according to the information available there's no good reason to assume they'll somehow be over-priced / under-powered".

I'm not sure how much more clear I can make this. It's pretty simply stuff / doesn't take a super high IQ to compute.

The bottom-line is that of course you can have an "opinion" but if your "opinion" can't be backed by proof it's sorta dumb...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0aohav

If it could be backed by proof then it would be a fact, not an opinion. That's kind of the definition of an opinion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
opinion: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty
I think the point we're all making that you don't seem to understand is that you can't assume car "s" is a positive or negative for you without actually having driven it. You're saying we can't assume that it's overpriced or underpowered because we haven't driven it. At the same time there is no validity in you declaring it's a great driver's car if you haven't driven it. You can look at magazine comparisons all you want, but at the end of the day those are still opinions not facts. If you search around enough you can find positive and negative reviews about any car and you can't really prove which ones are correct or not because they are just opinions.