View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #8132 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
I'm guessing the SES light would illuminate, the car would throw a code. Maybe it would depend on the sensor? What sensor are you concerned with?
The MAF sensor. Is that the right name? Lol

Drove it to dinner and it definitely felt more responsive. No lag between pressing the accelerator and getting it to pick up. When I was driving home, I noticed that when I was braking my revs would jump up a bit before coming to a complete stop. To be honest, I've been noticing this for a few weeks. When I was completely stopped, my car idled so low that it sounded like it shut off for a few seconds. I don't know if its just me worrying but the revs seemed all over the place while slowing down and breaking. I haven't fixed the passenger side air box yet.

Maybe one of the Austin guys can drive it and let me know if I'm just worrying too much.