View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Doug@PTUNING
Base Member

Drives: 1996 Honda Civic
Doug@PTUNING will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLE View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Wound up taking it to Agile Auto Performance up in Fallston, MD. Waiting for it to be completed right now.

====================================Update======== ============================

Agile did a great job with my alignment! Was surprised how far off some of the values were (mostly the right side toe). Their tool couldn't do the TPMS reset so I called several tire places (NTB, Mr.Tire, etc.) but none could handle Nissans so I called the Merchant's Tire near my house and in about 10 mins. the tech set my new TPMS sensors. He used a simple handheld tool (about the size of a OBDII scan tool) and went to each wheel and read the sensor information for each sensor. Once all sensors readings were collected he connected the tool via cable to my OBDII port and updated the ECU. Wound up charging me $50 for it, which is cheaper than the dealer (they wanted >$100). I've heard of some people getting it done for free at other places though.

Reason I state all of this is that people seem to be throwing out lots of misinformation on how to go about syncing up new TPMS sensors. I've read people saying that the tire needs to be dismounted and the sensor code read directly off the sensor. This is not true, they can scan the sensor when it's mounted inside the wheel. I've also seen the method of programming the new sensors using the wire near the OBDII harness and tapping it 5 times to ground and such, but was too lazy to try this so couldn't confirm that method.
Glad it all work out smoothly.
Doug@PTUNING is offline   Reply With Quote