View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
I was using a single flash, off camera, with a 24x24" softbox. Looking back, I could have used to expose for the background better, upped the flash output, and/or used both of my flashes. You are right though, there are a lot of slightly under/over exposed areas in some of the shots. The time of day was harsh in that spot too, lots of shadows and bright spot spots, so getting everything exposed right was difficult.
Yup, that's kind of what I'm getting at. The composition is good, but the light needs to be more even. If you're gonna use a flash, it needs to pretty much overpower sunlight to expose properly. Your aim is to under-expose available light to an extent and then use the flash to pull the highlights out.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote