View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
LOL - funny because this is all marketing....

First off spend $20 instead and get Meguire's NXT or Turtle Wax ICE synthetic wax. Zaino is great but IMHO it's not good value for your money - it washes off too. Unless you are detailing bi weekly and if your car isn't a garage queen use a synthetic wax. It last longer and gives excellent protection. Teflon coating is all but a gimic. It will wash off just as quickly as any other wax. It doesn't penetrate your clear coat - it sticks to the surface and you know how sticky teflon is.... all for $400 - rip off.

Secondly rusting is a chemical reaction which does include the transfer of electrons. The zinc strips are often used on ships to prevent corosion of other metal parts on the ship as the zinc has a higher electrical potential and will corrode instead of the ship. Its know as a sacrificial anode. Works on ships but I haven't heard of anyone doing it on a vehicle. Not sure if the battery one is going to do the trick....
every thing i read and i could be wrong but Meguire's NXT and Turtle Wax ICE wash off in a week and probably melt off my black car first day in the sun.

As for zaino, the stuff lasts quite a while. I allways use Z6 spray after a wash, and my stuffs marble smooth for months. It also doesnt melt off my black car.

so for value over money i think your arguement is flawed. 3 months vs 1 week you figure out which one is more work.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote