View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #1987 (permalink)
Cristobal09
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 22 ZL1 & Explorer ST
Cristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
That's where you have to do your HW though. You can find used sports cars in good condition for good prices too. I bought my Z used and it was in absolute mint condition when I bought it. That combined with the fact that I bought it during a snow storm got me a really awesome deal on it. Bought it for the exact amount the previous owner got for it on trade in. $26k for certified used touring 7AT with 15k miles. I could get rid of my car now and I'd only lose like ~$6-8k if you include the cost of taxes/tags/etc. If I had bought it new, that number would be more like $15k.
Trust me, ive done my homework when it comes to buying used cars. Ive owned 15 cars in my 14 years of driving lol . I did PPI's on the charger and m3 and they both checked out initially. It was driving them after a thousand miles or so id start having issues. In the m3, the smg transmission started acting up and it started knocking.... at 29000 miles. That was usually a sign of the previous owner taking hard launches. I had that car a year and 3 months before I got so frustrated with it that I traded it for the Z.

The Charger srt8 I owned before the m3, only had 14k on it. The transmission went out on it after 3 weeks (fortunately it was covered under warranty still), the catalytic converter crapped out on me after a few months, and the CEL was on ALL the time. I got rid of that after a year.

I just dont trust buying a used "sports car" anymore. I have an 08 Honda Pilot that I bought used and its been great, but thats cause the owners before it were a family of 3 and it was just a grocery getter and daily driver. Its also a Honda