View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
Test drove a new 2011 LT3 Vette with their (not sure if term is correct) sports package with an automatic, before test driving a 2012 6mt 370Z.

My impression was the Vette is an impressive car. V8 sound is great, visibilty towards the rear is better than Z, straight line acceleration is stronger and the interior cabin with their 2 tone leather is better than the Vette bashers want you to believe I disagree. It gets mighty uncomfortable after a few hours. Seats are very unsupportive.. Plus this being a 2011, the dealer was willing to go below invoice.

Reasons I decided on the 370Z. 1) The Vette is large, (Within an inch of the Z in width, maybe an inch or two longer. You really noticed that?) the Z would drive in parking lots and the tight roads here better. 2) The Z's handling of turns felt sharper with better feel (caveat, I currently drive a G35 coupe, so maybe I'm comfortable with the Nissan feel) The Z has better feed-back, the 'vette had better responsiveness to input and had MUCH better rebound control.. 3) Over crappy roads, the Z felt more sophisticated, not implying the Vette was harsh, for me the Z just felt better (even better than my G, but it is an 04). To me, the C6 feels much more composed and far less "bouncy". GM did a great job buttoning them down. Nissan, take notes. 4) Down shift rev matching with the manual on the 370Z is great, I'm not an expert driver so this is a wonderful feature for me. HUGE +1!!! 5) $$ Even below invoice the Vette was still going to be $15k+ higher.

My observations as a former C6Z owner and current '12 370Z owner. Very happy with my 370Z. Only complaint is horrible suspension regarding rebound control. Nissan was asleep at the wheel, here. Probably why they are bringing the "Euro" suspension here. Maybe it will fix that?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote