View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nismodean
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 RIP Now 2012
Nismodean will become famous soon enough
Default Fast Intentions CBE & LTH customer review

Tony,

I would like to start this off first by saying you and your company sir, are the epitomy of what a business should strive to be. I take customer service very seriously, especially when big money is being spent and I feel that you take it just as seriously as I do!

I purchased long tube headers and your CBE with 18" resonators and CF mufflers. I wanted to hold off on my review of your product until I have put a substantial amount of miles on them (approx. 10,000 miles) to see how they hold up to normal (and not so normal ) wear and tear. So here it goes:

First impression of the company.
I contacted Fast Intentions with questions regarding the long tube headers as my experience with them was very limited (like NONE!). I was talking to none other than the man Tony himself. He is a man that is polite, genuinely interested in hearing and answering my questions, and to the point.

Shipping and receiving of contents.
The long tube headers and CBE arrived at my house on time as promised by Tony. Inspection of items purchased showed how much they care about their product and ensuring it arrives unharmed. The amount of bubble wrap surrounding the items tells me they assume that the delivery company hires the most incompetent people available (sometimes this proves to be true).

Installation.
The installer I hired said that the headers and exhaust were the easiest and best fitment he's seen. I was allowed the opportunity to actually help with the install (hiring the owner of the shop helps with that hehe). Very little adjustment was needed to ensure the exhaust tips were centered.

First impressions.
After resetting the ECU and giving it a couple days for adjustment I can say with all certainty that there is definitely a power gain. A few weeks later I did a few dyno pulls and netted approx. 315WHP and 261 ft. lbs. of torque, I am unsure if this is entirely accurate as I did this on a mustang dyno and not the more well received dynojet. The sound is just amazing! The 18" resonators really puts out a low toned growl that is just intoxicating, vice ricey or "canny" sounds from exhausts like the gthaus meisterschaft exhaust.

Over time.
Cleaning the exhaust tips of a setup that has no cats is more frequent but definitely not harder. Simply wipe down the tips with windex on a weekly basis and they're like new. The carbon is easily removed this way due to the ammonia contained in the windex. This is actually MUCH easier than using Never Dull, I've used both and windex is the clear winner for ease of use. When cleaning the carbon fiber mufflers the finish is still shiney after all this time with no fading, peeling, or cracking from driving in all of the elements Wa. St. has to offer. So far no issues that I put Fast Intentions at fault which is the fact that an exhaust system with not cats gets VERY HOT! Even the tips of my car will sear your skin if you're not careful (they're flush mount so you have to really try to do that!). Simply put when you're centering the tips to the openings make sure you leave enough room (simply add more washers when installing) so that the bumper doesn't melt. The tips have a little bit less than 1/2" (half inch) clearance between the top of the tips and the bottom of the cut out on the rear bumper. A very small amount has melted but was easily straight razored, is no longer noticable, and have had no issue since then.

Conclusion.
This is IMHO the best header and exhaust I've come across when it comes to fitment, value, power gains, durability, and sound (I don't think there is any other category concerning this type of product is their?). The reputation of the company speaks for itself on the forums here. If there is any other product that I'm looking for and Fast Intentions sells it, they will definitely be the first to be considered!

Tony,

Request you change the following:
Nismodean: 307 (Delivered) Exhaust
Nismodean: 050 (Delivered) Headers
To officially installed!

Edit: My 69th POST! hehehehehehe (family guy laugh)

Edit Edit: Here is the link to the album I just made so that you can see for yourself how it comes to you and what you should expect to see when inspecting it, along with a few shots of the install and final product.

http://www.the370z.com/members/nismo...ans-album.html
The Truth, it hurts sometimes. FI LTH & FI CF CBE. This is a 370Z forum, if I want to fling poo at another brand of car and your feelings get hurt, then you're hanging out in the wrong forum (cry elsewhere).

Last edited by Nismodean; 06-04-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Made this a new thread for easier search functionality for would be customers.
Nismodean is offline   Reply With Quote