View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #1043 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

Yeah judging a cars worth based on its test track #'s / HP doesn't make much sense unless you buy daily drivers to race them for a living.

If the BRZ / FR-S are as good as the vast majority have reported there's no good reason to think 27-29k would somehow make them over priced.

I personally think it makes a lot more sense to base a cars worth on how it feels from behind the wheel vs. the #'s it happens to produce.

Plenty of cars produce far better #'s than the MX-5 for instance but few are nearly as fun to drive. This is probably going to be the case with the BRZ / FR-S as well.

Bottom line is that to conclude that the BRZ / FR-S are somehow too little car for the money isn't even coherent.

Before I were to decide one way or another I would have to personally drive the car myself. I'm not talking just around the block and back but really drive it.

I would never check off a car and or deem it "too expensive" simply because it's test track #'s weren't as good as some other's because test track #'s don't even begin to scratch the surface when it comes to evaluating how good a sports car is.

Oh as far as re sale value the BRZ / FR-S are expected to hold they value very well so that's another plus. I'm probably going to get a new MX-5 by around August though because nothing beats a convertible on a nice sunny day. That and text book old school RWD dynamics.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ifqssc

Last edited by vo2max99; 05-30-2012 at 03:17 PM.