View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #138 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ it's been tried. Most likely a coincidence. For me, sometimes it will all light up again, sometimes it doesn't the next time I start the car. Usually though, if it all lights up, it will act normally. The fact is, you can't really trust it to be accurate since there is some sort of malfuction/defect in the actual part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
It happens to me also! It also does depend on the levelness of the ground when you are filling up your car. If it isn't flad all the way around then your car will not have all led lights lit up (ie your on a incline with the passenger side higher or the nose is higher than the tail).

Although that has a grain of truth, it isn't true for me. All the gas stations here are relatively flat and I've tried other stations. If this was true, I would have noticed this much sooner. It's the fuel sender. It sits on top of the tank and I think it means having to drop the tank to install. It's time consuming, which is assume why some dealers hesitate to fix it.172 Fuel Tank :: Fuel & Engine Control :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 370Z Parts (Z34) 2009-2012 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote