View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #581 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Rumor also has it that they intend to drop about 250 lbs off the new model.
and THAT is what interests me, along with IRS. IRS will allow some better tires, and with less weight, it's going to be an amazing car. The Coyote is already one of the "best" engines out there (powerband/physical weight/power/durability) taken into account, and Ford is, in my opinion, hamstrung by the S197 platform. When they do away with the 2005 chassis and create something new with IRS, etc. it might be enough to pry me out of my 370Z after the first production year is up. Just need to make the interior better. (It's good quality, now, I just like the more "wrap around you" feel of the 370Z/S2000/Corvette than the "open" feel of the BMW M3, Mustang GT, etc.)
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote