View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #68 (permalink)
Educ8r
Enthusiast Member

Drives: a car
Educ8r will become famous soon enoughEduc8r will become famous soon enough

Perfecto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6addict View Post
Not to get snarky but a response to GT-R man's postings is needed for clarification on the matter of MSRP and pricing.

Personally, I have never met a highly trained professional car salesman. I've met a plentiful amount of swindlers but none that are knowledgeable about the vehicles they sell that can remotely answer even the most novice, basic question regarding new models.

I also dont think it is rude as a potential car buyer to be informed of market prices and to shop and look for the best deals in my area. In working with my local car salesman to attain a certain price, I'm going to use the information I have at my disposal to get the best deal. So if being informed and knowledgeable is bad manners, then send me to reform school!

Dealerships sell cars at invoice and make a marginal profit all the time. If not, they wouldnt sell vehicles at employee pricing and invoice. It's simply greed that drives dealerships to list cars at 40-45K for a 31K dollar car.

I agree that dealerships are a business out to make a profit and are not a charitable organization, but the product they are selling is a mass produced Datsun-- not a hand built luxury/performance car. Love the cars Nissan produce--dont take my comments as negative but perspective on sticker is why the thread was started. I wouldnt be buying one or posting in this forum if I'm not interested in buying the 370.

I dont know how serious I have to be if I'm paying cash for a new car and disclose that to the salesman up front. Perhaps bringing a dufflebag full of 100's would be appropriate? I have honestly never considered that.
Educ8r is offline   Reply With Quote