Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #599 (permalink)
Mwagner07
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Red Nismo
Mwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tire Pressure and Sound

Just wanted to do a quick update.
Cold Tire pressure was sent to 41psi rear 40 psi front. at 90 degree outdoor temp today.

I couldn't figure out why after doing all my mods was the inside cabin gaining noise.. Well it was because when it was 70 out when I did the install everything sounded great.. So I checked pressure at the local gas station (FORGOT MY GAUGE) and added some air. Well then the heat came on this week and the noise went up. Then it occurred to me my tire pressures.

Any how I took my digital tire gauge (accurate to 2 psi) and when out to check my tires.. at 65 degrees outside temp (cold tire) and the rears where 38PSI along with the fronts. I brought them back to 35 Psi cold and the cabin noise from the rear went down even more after a test ride. I could not believe how 6 psi in the rear would add so much more road hum.

ALSO from the sound deadening I did the rain swish noise was greatly reduce.
PS you will lose quite a bit of your exhaust note. (Time to get that back with and aftermarket exhaust)

- I will also have my camber reduced to maximums or as close to neutral as possible as a further test later this week.

Testing makes perfect!
Mwagner07 is offline   Reply With Quote