Thread: Cabin noise
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #598 (permalink)
Mwagner07
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Red Nismo
Mwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond reputeMwagner07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cabin Noise - Now Reduced

Hello all. Just finished some 12 hours worth of sound damping (the whole rear hatch)
Purchased product from Canada (B-Quite Ultimate). I did a lot of research and this product comes so close to dynamite I had to try it. I used 43 Yards for the whole trunk so purchase the 50 Yard roll. This product is a butyl base and smelled slightly like a new tire. I have had loads of hot days and have not yet once notice any odor from the product. I did notice great noise reduction but read on. I also used the V-comp matting (2 Sheets) placed it on the entire lower back area under the spare tire, but not after the bracing and also cut a duplicate layer that covers the WHOLE rear truck (size of the rear factory trunk mat).
Also I added some B-Quite to the inner left tire wheel well . Started from the lower front of the well to 12 o’clock top. Then I covered that with Duplicolor professional under coating / sound deadener (from Advanced Auto Parts $7.49 can) used 2 1/2 cans.
Interior Sound from the Bose is simply amazing now. The bass hits clean and tight - I LOVE IT!!!
At around 35MPH to 60MPH I notice the rear tire noise still comes through but much less.
Now at 60-65MPH it is virtually gone. and I mean gone. My guess is due to the factory set camber.
Once you hit the 60mph mark the tire camber becomes more neutral and thus the noise is gone..
Any thoughts on that ???

I will have the camber brought to neutral just to test this theory.
(may require some adjustable aftermarket parts)
I understand that the Z is a sports car and will have less refined cabin sound. The point isn’t for people who enjoy that but to help those who are daily drivers and would like a quieter cabin..
I only have a 10 min ride to work, but during lunch many a times just go out and hit the bends and it is much more enjoyable now.
Thanks to all whom keep info flowing into the Z community….
Mwagner07 is offline   Reply With Quote