View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
steve's right, the lighting is a little off, but more experienced photographers can comment. esp this one i think can be brightened in the foreground with a separate light source (the background is a bit overexposed for my liking too):
( Click to show/hide )

my least favorite is this one:
( Click to show/hide )

the odd angle and the lighting throw me completely off, like my eyes are drifting to the lower left because i just feel like everything should be falling off a cliff at that angle. i think there's some experimentation to be had in portrait photography, but sometimes the basic frames go the farthest.

overall though, pretty good.
Yeah, you are exactly right about both. The first has lighting issues, and the second you are dead on, looks like everything is falling off a cliff. I should leave the crooked angles for the car!

I need more time behind the camera with portraits, but for my first time out, especially with new equipment, Im pretty confident I can only get better from here.