Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #90 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaggeron View Post
The clock speed of the CPU is, in some sense irrelevant with all the different processors out there. My old laptop had a Pentium 4 with a faster clockspeed than my current i7, but in no way shape or form could it run Diablo 3.

I believe that Diablo's minimum specs for a Windows PC requires at least a Pentium D which came out late spring of 2005. If your PC is older than that, there is no hope. If it was cutting edge in 2006, you may have a chance if you have enough memory.
CPU is generally the least important major component in gaming. Video card, then RAM, then bus speeds (affecting CPU, HD, RAM), then clock speed is a fair order of importance for most games. That Athlon XP I tested was cutting edge in about 2002, if I remember correctly, and certainly does not meet the minimum specs given by Blizzard. But with a good enough video card and RAM, even my system technically below the minimum requirements is still capable of running the game.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote