View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
eagleeye
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BC 7AT
eagleeye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
it appears to be where the piston slides in and out to control the flow. those are removable and you are able to put a different spring. most likely it was over torqued when assembled or under tightened. let us know what z1 says.
I'm not quite sure what piston you're referring to; do you mean the hexagonal piece on the southern tip of the mocal plate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
Also check to make sure you have the right size threaded fittings going into the sandwhich plate... they shouldn't be moving as you had previously mentioned... did you use any thread sealant? I used teflon liquid sealant (sparingly) on all the fittings.
I didn't use any sealant. The kit kinda comes somewhat preassembled - the fittings were already on the mocal plate with the washers. Following the instructions, you just tighten the fittings. Also, the leak isn't coming from the fittings. This picture was taken while the engine was off (with the leak occurring much slower) and looking at it again, I guess you can't really see the oil by the mocal name engraving - but this is where I think the leak is originating from.
I got an RMA from Z1 for the mocal plate so hopefully the new one does the trick and Z1 can find out what's wrong with the 1st one.
eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote