View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #67 (permalink)
GT-R man
Base Member

Drives: 08 camry
GT-R man is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes about 80% of salesman out there are not knowledgable of their vehicles the other 20% will have either full knowledge or are just really good people persons.. Yes dealers will make money even on invoice pricing but that is only enough if the dealership sells a high volume not for the small town dealers such as the one you are talking about.. that doesnt mean that they would sell the car at invoice either.
Car buyers should have the most information as possible when purchasing their new vehicle, if you dont do your homework you will pay for it, its that simple you want to half @$$ your research than a profesional will charge you accordingly to it.
Back to invoice pricing you will never see a hot vehicle selling at those kinda of prices due to its demand.. say whatever you want about the current national car sales data base.. if everything went by the books the economy wouldnt be where it is at. Truth is all vehicles may be mass produced but that doesnt mean they have not had extensive research done to them, thank GOD they are mass produced!! who would want to pay $1000 for an oilchange? that would drive sports cars buyers and real drivers crazy.
Also when you disclose to a salesperson you are paying cash that only means you are a hard buyer, you will hit him low on price and when he gives you the price you want, you will still go home and think about it, cash, check, financing or leasing all buyers are threated the same, maybe if you get an inexperienced saleman they may threat differently but its not fair to be threated diffrenetly just because you are paying cash.. dealerships would rather finance you because there is a chance to make more money that way. what state do you live in? if you live away from where I am I ll shoot you a price that a dealer will take and I ll share the info you need to purchase this car.
GT-R man is offline   Reply With Quote