View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni
Default Will G37 Coilovers Fit the 370Z? Maybe not.

Well I know there has been a lot of speculation about weather or not the 370Z and G37 coilovers will cross reference. I have done a bit of research and my guess is no.

First off, it is fact that the G37 spring rates will be different from 370Z spring rates. The G37 is heavier, and the 370Z is wider. Thats just common sense.

Second, I have been calling Nissan/Infiniti dealers to try and cross-reference part numbers for suspension components between the 370Z and G37 Coupe. What I found out is the lower control arms, both front and rear are different. So are the rear upper control arms. In fact, the only thing thats the same is the front upper a-arms.

Now I have also searched for hours to try and find someone to confirm that the do or do not fit with no luck. Hopefully, regardless of the different part numbers, G37 coilovers would still fit as that would mean that aside from a change in spring rates, we would have a lot of manufacturers with 370Z coilovers .

So if anybody has ACTUAL CONFIRMATION one way or the other weather the G37 coilovers fit on the 370Z then please post here. I talked to KW Suspension and they said they have a 370Z scheduled to come in for fitment tests in about a month. I called HKS and they said the same thing, but they won't be testing the suspension for a while, they are focusing on the exhaust stuff first.

I am hoping to get a 370Z myself as soon as possible, and then I will test fit a set of BC Racing coilovers for a G37 on the car. Hopefully it won't take long for me to get one.
Function > Form

Last edited by M.Bonanni; 01-08-2009 at 11:29 AM.
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote