View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #37 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcoss View Post
you mention issues with a ground loop with your monitor. How are you powering your monitor? nice setup. I have been thinking about setting up hd radio on the carputer but have not decided to make that jump yet.
Now that I have more knowledge about my screen, I doubt it's a ground loop issue causing the issues. I still haven't discovered the cause of the erratic touch issues or the auto switching, but it seems to improve randomly, with expiremental testing, haha. My monitor came with a 12v cigarette lighter power cable, so I bought one of those 12v cig lighters terminated in a red +12v and a black negative, so you can tap into a power source. I did this because this monitor was actually my 2nd RMA due to a power circuit failure, and I didn't wanna tap directly into a power line, due to fears of it breaking again. Don't fix what isn't broken.

HD Radio is pretty awesome, and for sure a great addition to a CarPC setup. The one I have, the Visteon HDRadio Tuner, I got from:

Amazon.com: HD Radio¿ Component Car Tuner Kit: Car Electronics

Unfortunately, I see that it went back up to the correct market price. I bought it when it was only $30 bucks, it was nice. But in any case, the HDRadio works awesome for being a radio. When connected to HD, it sounds very clear and the frequency response from all levels is great. The only time it becomes weird is when it frequently hands off from HD to StandardFM. However, this only happens once a blue moon, and it's no big deal.