View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 02:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
DropTopGal
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Vert (TBA)
DropTopGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue660r01 View Post
You just said 51 in a 50 there must be more to it....but then you call the officer and ******* .......you dont know the story. Dont attack the officer. OP has to be leaving something out. Many people have much to learn. Like I said, if police didnt stop people for "minor" things most people whine about there would be tons of felons out there. Be happy they do what they do to keep you safe out there. Deal with getting pulled over for 1mph over even if its BS or not because whethere you like it or not it keeps you safe out there and I guarantee when it happens ytou are in NO rush to be somewhere, you just feel bothered. I got pulled over because my college sticker the cop said looks like a fake inspection. Did I call my lawyer? NO I sucked it up and got over it.

(ps I have a place in WPB so I know how things go down there too.)

*Disclaimer. I dont wnat to sound like a **** to you. But it gets old when people attack police all the time when they do their jobs to protect everyone and ask for nothing in return*
For the record, I'm not exactly attacking police and actually have more than respect, but personal interest vested in police. Point I was making, simply being pulled over for 51 in 50, the OP should tell more. How was it determined 51 (radar, laser, clocked by driving?). What else transpired during the traffic stop? Thus, more to the story?

Now, if was ONLY a stop for 51 in a 50, sorry bud, that is when there is a problem. We must question the officer's motive and I can assure you that it was not public safety. If that was the case, they would be leading my example and drive no faster than the speed limits and not run lights while not responding to calls (very common down here).

Officers are people and people are prone to fault for one reason or another. Just because they wear a badge, have the ID, and drive the car does NOT give them the right to claim 51 in a 50 and pull someone over. There sure better be proof (radar, laser clocked and speed locked). Of course, with such a small margin of 1mph over, almost any method of determining the vehicle speed would be faulted by the 3 to 5mph margin of error built into the device (radar, laser...).

Sorry, but I am at the point in my life that I simply would not take it just because an officer said so, particularly if I was in the right. Hence, attorney (and a darn good one at that) if the situation called for it.

Again, I'm police friendly and hold their position with respect in my eye. Not to mention the family connection.

Perhaps as you continue to mature in years and experience, you too will realize that just because an "officer" (or any official for that matter) says so, doesn't make it the way it is.

Just read back into other posts of the thread while tying this. Ahhh...see, the OP is a kid who is likely driving, well not good and dangerous, and the officer intervened to thwart his driving behavior.

Last edited by DropTopGal; 08-28-2009 at 03:02 AM.