View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Test drove a new 2011 LT3 Vette with their (not sure if term is correct) sports package with an automatic, before test driving a 2012 6mt 370Z.

My impression was the Vette is an impressive car. V8 sound is great, visibilty towards the rear is better than Z, straight line acceleration is stronger and the interior cabin with their 2 tone leather is better than the Vette bashers want you to believe. Plus this being a 2011, the dealer was willing to go below invoice.

Reasons I decided on the 370Z. 1) The Vette is large, the Z would drive in parking lots and the tight roads here better. 2) The Z's handling of turns felt sharper with better feel (caveat, I currently drive a G35 coupe, so maybe I'm comfortable with the Nissan feel). 3) Over crappy roads, the Z felt more sophisticated, not implying the Vette was harsh, for me the Z just felt better (even better than my G, but it is an 04). 4) Down shift rev matching with the manual on the 370Z is great, I'm not an expert driver so this is a wonderful feature for me. 5) $$ Even below invoice the Vette was still going to be $15k+ higher.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote