View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
DropTopGal
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Vert (TBA)
DropTopGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue660r01 View Post
Are you kidding me? Harassment? Sorry like it or not 51 in a 50 is STILL speeding like it or not. If you dont like it, go 1mph under. Yeah it might be kinda dumb to pull someone over but its still over the limit. I would never do that unless somethin was absolutely looking wrong. Good luck on your harassment case there because 1mph or not he is still breakin the law.. The cop could have seen something he didnt like and used it as a reason to pull him over to check it out. As you may not know, most felony stops DO occur as simple traffic stops.

For many of you who dont know. Tickets are written in lieu of bail. Meaning you really could be arrested but a ticket is issued instead for a later court date.
Depending on how the course of events transpired with the officer would have me consult my attorney or not. Granted, I'm a bit older than most on here and view being pulled over a bit differently, having never been pulled over, I take it seriously. Particularly if he told me that I was doing 51 in a 50 zone. I wouldn't loose sleep or get my nails dirty, that is what my attorney is for. 51 in a 50, he must of had suspecion of something else, thus more to the story. BTW... I/we are connected here locally and 51 in a 50 doesn't happen unless the officer is a complete ******* or he had other reason, likely the later.