View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
blue660r01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopGal View Post
There must be more to this story?

I live in Palm Beach County (south end) and am curious what agency pulled you over. PBSO or a city??

I for one can assure you, if that happened to either my hubby or I, I'd drop $5k to our attorney and make that officer answer for harrassment in ways he never experienced. When you are wrong, you're wrong. But 51 in a 50? My ***! Sounds like abuse of authority. How did he know you were going 51 in a 50? There are other ways to deal with a corrupt cop, but I won't go into that here.

Come to think of it, 50mph speed limit in Palm Beach is rare. Out west on 441, certain parts of Palmetto Pk Rd are the only two that I know.
Are you kidding me? Harassment? Sorry like it or not 51 in a 50 is STILL speeding like it or not. If you dont like it, go 1mph under. Yeah it might be kinda dumb to pull someone over but its still over the limit. I would never do that unless somethin was absolutely looking wrong. Good luck on your harassment case there because 1mph or not he is still breakin the law.. The cop could have seen something he didnt like and used it as a reason to pull him over to check it out. As you may not know, most felony stops DO occur as simple traffic stops.

For many of you who dont know. Tickets are written in lieu of bail. Meaning you really could be arrested but a ticket is issued instead for a later court date. Consider yourselves lucky.

Last edited by blue660r01; 08-28-2009 at 02:33 AM.