View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
#1 Get a Motive Bleeder and fill master cyl with your favorite brake fluid
#2 Remove master cyl cap and install motive bleeder cap
#3 Pump Motive Bleeder to 13psi
#4 Get a 10mm wrench and loosen the inner and outer nipple from each wheel, close it up once clear fluid comes out
#5 Do two wheels and remove the motive cap and fill the fluids back to the top again.
#6 Repeat step #3 and do #4 and #5 on the last two wheel
#7 Perform final check on brake fluid and you are done.

It's expensive @ $60, but well worth it in my opinion. I used to be able to do it without taking the wheels off before I realized there was a nipple on the back side of the caliper. I can do it in about 45 min taking my time from start to finish.

Any DOT4 fluid is fine, no need for the crazy $20 bottle on a street car. I am using $11/bottle brake fluid at the track and I haven't died yet

This is unnecessary and a waste off money all you need to do is jack the up take all four wheels off place a catch pan under each wheel fill the M/C to the top and open all 8 bleeders check the M/C to make sure it doesn't run dry ,start with a Quart of new fluid about 10-15 minutes later(after keeping the M/C full) by this time you should have used most of the Quart close all 8 bleeders rinse off the calipers with water to dilute the brake fluid that spilled over top of M/C and your done that's it no one is needed to help bleed the brakes the brake pedal is very firm and at the top.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote