View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #639 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
1) If you're shifting into 5th before the finish line, you are losing at least a 1/10th! Never go into 5th!
2) Find out if shifts are quicker when driver shifts or when the car does the shifting(your shop/auto trans people). Use the quicker shifting method!
3) Factory nissan power peek is at 7,000 rpm. Car should shift/be shifted 300 to 500 rpm ABOVE H.P. peek. Example 7300 to 7500 rpm. The reason for that is that after every shift, the rpm drops. You DON'T want it to drop too low! Keeping the peek h.p. in the middle produces best results! As a bonus, it also keeps the car from going into 5th.
4) I don't know all your mods, but if you have after market exhaust plus other mods, your H.P. peek is no longer at 7000 rpm. It could be 7300 to 7500 rpm range. Now you or your shop should correct/change the shifting into the 7500 to 7800 rpm range.

Now you'll be doing 12.8 in the 1/4 mile. I would suggest Cecil drags for reasons best not mentioned

If you tell me what performance mods you have, I'll tell you just 2 additions/changes that should get you into the 12.6 range.
1) So it would be better to go all the way to redline in 4th and then cross the finish instead of shifting into 5th?
2) Shifts are quicker when I shift myself which is what I always do.
3) My mods are in my sig. Berk CBE, Stillen G3 CAI, CNT HFCs. I'll probably be getting my car Uprev tuned, but that will be more towards the end of the year. Don't have money for it right now. When I do get it tuned, I can have them adjust the shifting of the 7AT to make it a little more aggressive as well as raising the redline.

My best times will probably come when the tracks open up next spring. I should have my car tuned and a set off RE-11's instead of these all season tires. Thanks for the advice
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote