View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooZ View Post
Quote from Edmunds "Although Nissan's six-speed manual gearbox has proven a bit troublesome in the 370Z and the Infiniti G35/G37, in proper working order, it's a nice piece for the roadster. We like the highly mechanical feel of moving the shifter in its linkage and the heavy clutch, because they suit the personality of the Z-car, which isn't a delicate thing."

Ok, I know the article was for the roadster, but since I'm still deciding between a 7AT vs. 6MT coupe and since the transmission I'm sure is the same in both cars, can someone tell me:

1. So what is so troublesome with the 6MT- Difficult to drive smooth? Haven't really heard about any mechanical issues with it though.

2. Is the clutch really that heavy?
There both good choices some like to bang gears and some like to blip thru the gears and opt to keep in drive when in heavy traffic. You can test drive both and you decide what's right for you. good luck!

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote