Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #151 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
so could uprev list the difference of how there stuff handles the fuel and ignition control, valve timing, valve lift, you know anything other than "Ooh map switching." Here's one for you how about control over the electronic throttle bodies? Tip for ya supercharger plus ETB's plus VVEL don't work. Lets talk throttles open under no load condition and the throttle controls the airflow through a roots or twin screw blower. These engines can be throttled with the valve lift maybe they are having a problem with that. I'd like something a little more informative than they are having updates and testing which can go on for ever. I don't care about the date if they would describe more. Hell I'll wait another year if it's good enough and you know I'd drive myself down there to have the software carefully explained to me because for $600, and after apparently replacing Nissan's code in the ecu, it should be able to support more control points, larger tables, at least a 2-BAR MAP sensor, ETB and VVEL control, CVTC control(I think uprev does this), Larger injectors(I think uprev does this), Bigger displacements, wideband swap, knock sensor support beyond 5,000rpm, and be able to change the display on the left gauge that's useless (oh and don't mean half @##'n it and just playing with a ten point fuel map for hours to make it work). When it can do that myself and many others will wait a year, pay double the price, buy the guys steak dinner, shut up, and be happy. So considering that they don't have the capabilities to ever pull that off I think I'm going to have to wait for the Haltech Platinum. HINT TO UPREV HERE you can still beat the customized stand-alone and piggyback companies to market if you expand your software and it would be able to do double what the COBB can. Most people wouldn't even mind sending in the ecu to have new boards installed if it can do some of what i ask.
I don't get it. First you're saying the hardware is essentially an ASIC then you says its a microcontroller.... and the box has a signal generator... and the processor is mearly a large IC. What is that suppose to mean? That's the most vauge statment in the entire thread. Then after saying the logic is locked you end off by saying they should expand the software. You have enough knowlegde to be dangerous and fool some casual bystanders but not enough for me to even remotely think you know what you are talking about. You might know something about programing but you are clueless about the hardware. Just saying in case someone reads that drivel and trys to make sense of it.