View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #623 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
Never had a problem with you and you do drag race, so lets keep it friendly
I also never had a problem with the 370z. May get one.
"NOT MANY PEOPLE HERE ARE FOCUSING ON DRAG RACING OR EVEN MODDIN"

OH REALLY

How many posts are about dynos, whp, modding, going fast, more power, begging Nissan to add more HP, make the next Z car quicker ??? ENDLESS!!!!
Besides fun, going to the drag streep is a way to confirm if "the feel in the seat/pants" (is that the saying?) is for real.
I see that this thread has more than 26,500 viewers

You have an automatic. It's not like you pop the clutch at 5,500 rpm, so tires is a much smaller deal for you.

YES, tires & gears do help. So ?????
Yes let's keep this to a friendly discussion as I don't have a problem with anyone either. You're making points and I am just providing counter-points in this discussion.

I didn't say that people aren't focusing on modding, I said they aren't modding their cars specifically towards drag racing. By this I mean that they aren't modding with the specific focus of improving their drag strip time. More people here are concerned with improving their overall quickness (bolt-on power mods) and handling (springs, coils, sway bars, etc.). Now I am far from an expert on drag racing, but I don't think my -2.5* of camber is the optimal set up for drag racing. It is however better for driving on a road course, which is what I'm getting my car ready for.

I've gone to the drag strip numerous times over the past year and have only gotten 2 people to actually come out and race their cars with me. A couple others have come to watch, but most 370Z owners don't seem to be interested in drag racing. If we go on a cruise through some back roads we can easily get 10-20 cars to join in from our local club, but none really for drag racing.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote