Thread: Envirotabs?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
bigrob126
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Sport Auto
bigrob126 is on a distinguished road

I knew I would be getting some winning answers on this one!! At any rate, whether these work or not, you guys cant be crazy enough to think that if this WERE possible, the car companies would have done it a long time ago? Sure they would have....it's their sould purpose to help mankind and make OUR money go as far as it can, not the fact that they are in buisiness to make money! Dream on!! The only reason the US cars came back around was cause the Japanese inports were putting us outa biz baby, with our cleenex cars we were making back in the day!!

I remember a TV commercial for Olsmobile in like 1979ish, where they have a Cutlass and an Accord on the screen, and the guy says " Honda Accord, Japanese import......it's GOTTA get more miles per tankful than this Oldmobile cutlass right? But actually this Cutlass gets 120 miles more!! NOW which car do you wanna buy??" And how many morons went out and bought a Cutlass thinking they were getting more MPG than an Accord, not even realizing they said MILES PER TANKFUL and NOT per gallon! Honda had a 10 gallon tank versus the Cutlass' 20 gallon gas tank!!! Talk about deception in it's best form!!

There was a car company that actually was making cars for the people, with all kinds of advancements and innovations, about 60 years ago or so, and the Big 3 put the squeeze on him and his company! Was Called Tucker!! Politics my boys!!......Politics!

Last edited by bigrob126; 05-25-2012 at 09:53 AM.
bigrob126 is offline   Reply With Quote