View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #121 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackjum View Post
My car just started developing the ECM whine. I thought I was going insane at first until I searched the Internet and this site and discovered it was not just me.

I have a 2009 Touring, Sport, Nav. I have 32,900 miles but my 36 month warranty ran out in March.

It has gotten worse over the past week to the point where I really cannot drive the car without getting a headache. I tried packing the area around the ECM with noise reduction foam and that made a negligible difference.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I should approach the dealer for a possible goodwill/split cost fix? Any dealers in the Houston, TX area that I should go to? My car was purchased out of state and I do not have any long-time relationship with any Houston dealer.
Just try telling them exactly what you told us. They may goodwill warranty it based on the mileage. Also, don't be afraid to try multiple dealers.

It's an expensive fix but the dealer may get on your side, especially if they can hear it.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote