View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have no faith in Berk. I consider them junk/trash parts, and wouldn't be a bit surprised by something they made failing. After the catback I bought from them and the lack of support for their poorly designed junk, I have nothing good to say.

-Rear hangers fall off the car/slide out of the grommets.
-Hangers when placed in the grommets are barely flush with the backs of them, and they are at an angle, so of course heat expansion/bumps will make it pull out as they are smooth, unlike the OEM design with the flange to keep this from happening.
-Berk told me they would send me a custom fabbed hanger which would allow the exhaust hanger to protrude further through the grommet. I was given a 2 week ETA about 2 months ago. Never saw it.
-Screw Berk. You want something that isn't junk? You're going to have to pay for it. I wish I had sacked up and spent a few hundred extra and gotten the NISMO CBE. Sounds great and doesn't fall off the damn car, and has a REAL warranty.

If there is valve overlap, then yes, it is possible that this occurred. Never buy Berk. /end rant.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 05-25-2012 at 01:44 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote