View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjarnot View Post
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable towing with a hitch attached to aluminum... or did I miss something?

I designed and built one for my S2000 that consisted of three parts that stay on the car and a removable hitch. Basically two plates sandwiched between the car and bumper beam and one attachment point utilizing the diff mounts; the hitch receiver itself attached to these with pins - for quick removal. I was planning to do the same for the Z. I can post some pics of the S one I made if anyone's looking for alternate ideas.

From the few seconds I've spent under the new car (Z), a center attachment seems rather impossible... But are you actually bolting to the car itself (through the bumper beam), or just to the aluminum bumper beam?
Can you clarify?