View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
FXwakeboard
Base Member

Drives: Lexus LS460L
FXwakeboard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
The 13 will be out in a couple of months. It will most likely run 2 model years. The new infinit will be out early next year. So its not that far away. Braking on standard brakes is 118ft and 101ft is with S tune pads on sport brakes. I have that option. On standard its 103ft. The sport pkg brakes are just a part of it. 19" forged rays eng. Wheels (volk), vlsd, and potenzas which are very sticky on the street. The base Z gets about .94g on a skidpad. A sport pkg 1.01g. Big difference.

Also, the 350z wasn't just a raised hood. The engine was redesigned to be the VQ35hr. Which the 3.7 is the bored out version of the same engine along with vvel technology. There were upgrades in interior quality as well.
118ft? I had no idea there was that much performance difference between the two braking set ups. I assumed it meant that the brakes would be fade resistant and would sequel when they were not properly warmed up.

Since this car does not have the sport package, can anyone recommend anything that would decrease the stopping distance without having to invest in a BBK?
FXwakeboard is offline   Reply With Quote