View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
kellyefields
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

I know exactly what is going on here. the problem is the placement of the intake filters and how close the MAF are to the filter. there is a little plate that comes with the kit that is supposed to block air/water or whatever from directly hitting the filters, if you are missing the plate like I was I would get the AF jumping all over the place and it would create a limp mode issue. Here is how you can tell if this is what is happening when tuning and you have the fan on in the front of the car for cooling turn the fan off and see if the air fuel settles down. then turn it back on it will jump all over the place. then put a piece of cardboard in front of the filters to block direct air and try it again and you will see the difference. My fix was to turn the intakes around to fit under the drivers headlight in that dead space so they could get air when needed but be shielded from direct air intake.