View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
I was at that dealer on sunday. Even though they didn't have it posted on the car the salesman said it was going for $5k over msrp. I told them not a chance. So I'm glad to hear that you were able to get them back to this planet. So congrats! That was my favorite color combo, platinum/orange but I have to admit the blue sure looked hot as well.
Yeah, it was a tough sell, I walked out twice. The second time I acted like I was talking on my cell phone hoping the salesman would come out, and he did It was late at that point, about 10pm, so I think they were tired.
At that point they were down to about $700 over MSRP and he asked whats it going to take to sell you the car. I responded with sell it at MSRP and you got a deal, if you come back with .01 cent over, I'm out of here.
So he came back and said lets do it.

I've found that getting there just before the dealer closes can sometimes be advantages.

One time when I was negotiating on an 03 GTI, they were just about $20 a month away from what I wanted, but wouldn't budge. So I grabbed the guys business card from his desk and wrote my cell number on the back of it. I told him heres my cell phone number, I'm leaving now and driving over to Long Beach VW, they have a black one there. If you decide to sell me this one, call my cell, but once I hit the freeway, I'm not coming back. I walked out, got in my car, got to about the first light, and my phone rang, guess who it was

Last edited by Minicobra1; 01-08-2009 at 01:44 AM.
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote