View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
LafitteZ
Track Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
LafitteZ will become famous soon enough

i had a guy that builds racecars and he works on my transmissions weld it in so I knew the plastic would be bad but I also have a friend of mine who does all of my interior and and my sound system and all that so I brought it to him and hes going to do the fit and finish of the oem plastic stuff. It just takes making either wood or fiberglass covers where we had to cut so it wouldnt look like we had to cut it. Wel probably just wrap all the covers in either matching vinyl to match the seats or just do black vinyl to just hide it all together. It sits behind the seats anyways. even with the crazy cuts somebody has to get in the car and look around the seats to see it. My best advice is to put as much plastin in the car as possible before you weld. If you want to do a aftermarket sound system change the speakers thats on the wall right next to the seats before you weld it in. You also have to deside if you want the oem seat belts or not. the bar runs right over where the bolt is to take it out. Im using harnesses so i yanked my oem out.
LafitteZ is offline   Reply With Quote