View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
IsaacSG31
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Nismo
IsaacSG31 is on a distinguished road
Default Question on Washing

Hey guys

So i just picked up my new black Nismo. So far I love it. Huge improvement over my 350. But, as everyone knows, black is hard to keep clean. I had two questions about cleaning and the paint. First, does anyone else notice tiny hair like (almost) scratches in their paint in some areas? It's only visible very close, no one but the owner of the car would likely know, but I still wanted to see if anyone else had them under close inspection. It shouldn't be swirls or anything since the car had like 10 miles on it when I picked it up and haven't taken it to a wash.

Secondly, does anyone here wash their car at a touchless wash? I used to on my 350 (it was a Holiday gas station one) all the time, but someone told me the chemicals are too harsh on the paint. I'm very anal about keeping my car clean, and I feel as though doing it yourself and touching it and drying it with a microfiber cloth will still have more scratches than going touchless and getting blow dried. Any input from people with experience, or tips?

Thanks a lot
IsaacSG31 is offline   Reply With Quote