View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #438 (permalink)
ScotyBRAVO
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z SR
ScotyBRAVO is on a distinguished road
Talking

I'm 23, I JUST bought my 2012 370 two months ago.. this is my fifth Z car, I got the itch back in my junior year for a Z, I was fully consumed in my Sti addiction however I got sick of not being able to pull the same **** my friends were in their 240SX's and pulling the e-brake one click and reverting all the power to the back diff could only do so much for me. I traded a friend for a 2005 350Z 6SM and was hooked. I never cared for the massive power difference between the Z and STi. Then after a year and 13k later a drunk diver thought my car was an open gap for him to shoot. He was wrong. Then I stumbled onto a 92 TT swapped 300ZX 5SM. OMFG Dumped another 14k in her till so jolly green giant didn't know the rules to a four way stop. And again one of my beautiful Z's was totaled. Soon after a friend was selling his 2007 350Z 6SM w/ nismo exhaust, brembo's w/ rotors I still have yet to identify(they were very nice though). Economy got worse so I gave in and sold it after a year. barely spent a grand on it, had a very nice guy in AZ how traded and sold Z parts from his house so I traded and haggled a bunch of bolt ons from him.
Now i own a 1971 240Z 4SM and a 2012 370Z 6SM. Still can't believe the difference the 370Z presents to all it's predecessors. Nissan really stepped it up on the new VQ. I did buy the base model(not all of us guys in our early 20's had daddy buy our cars), however I found a 2011 used diff with about 3k on it for $200, installed for $350. Screw the dealer trying to make me spend over 3k for a new diff. All in all the poll shows most of us are early 20's, let's big it up for all us blue collar guys who bust their *** to keep up with this addiction and way of life!!
ScotyBRAVO is offline   Reply With Quote