Thread: Nismo VS New M3
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
You're absolutely right Spikuh, they have changed drivers along the way, I almost included that but figured, as you said, that the variances would be negligable also the generations are pretty much grouped under one driver. ie 350Z and E46 M3 are both Ben Collins times and the 370Z and E90/92 M3 times are new Stig, old Black Stig (Perry McCarthy) is only responsible for a handful of Power Lap times as his tenure was fairly short.

Now that your very good point is addressed, Top Gear nerd question: New Stig getting better times than Sacked Stig? Should some of the Lap Leaders get retested to eliminate any doubt, ie the Veyron, Ascari A10, CCX, Enzo etc.? Also shouldn't New Stig do a power lap in the Liana to see where he ranks among the F1 guys?

New Season slated for late June, can't wait.
Ideally they should get re-tested, but they most likely won't. I don't think the next series of Top Gear UK will start till next January according to Clarkson. To be clear, I'm talking about Series 19 starting in January 2013. Not sure which one they are airing in the US in June, but it's probably series 18 (which is already done airing in the UK).
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote