View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty21 View Post
hello all.....just recently purchased a 09 370z w/ 51k miles on it and even though the previous owner did reg scheduled maintanence i believe there is and issue w/ either my clutch, flywheel, or possibly even my tranny.....when it is idling n the clutch is released there is a rattling sound that occurs but u press clutch in it stops....it will also do it when ur cruising in 1st and u press in the clutch....and when i shut off the car it rattles.....i plan on taking it to fl in a week and i need to know if this is a big issue hopefully i before i take it to dealer and spend a butt load of money......and also would it b wise to even drive this car from nc to fl??....please if anyone can help id appreciate it!!!! THanks
My friend rest assure there is NOTHING wrong... its due to the dual plated clutch... (owned a 350Z since 2002 TRUST ME)

Just to prove my theory Shut your car off without pushing in the clutch, it will sound like marbles in a jar...
Then try shutting the car off with the clutch engaged... PRESTO NO noise

When you compress the clutch the plates dont bash together.

This is like the 50th Post i have cleared the owners concerns after running the above test.... AGAIN SLEEP WELL NO WORRIES ITS TOTALLY 100% normal!!

-Chad