View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #986 (permalink)
bigsix
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Honda City/Mazda 2
bigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud ofbigsix has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to bigsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vo2max99 View Post
I've read the reviews and driven the car myself and the reason the Z isn't as good a driver's car vs. the EVO X and MX-5 go far beyond the oil heating and brake problems.

The general consensus is that the Z isn't a very good driver's car. It consistently places near the rear in best handling / best driver's car comparisons. Not to say the Z is a terrible car it isn't and I would take one over a Genesis Coupe and ANY FWD car including my 08' MS3.

The Z simply does not offer the same steering feedback / feel, chassis control and general overall experience as either the EVO or MX-5. It's a decent car for posting quick lab times but there are much better options for driver's cars.

How you could say you would ditch a BRZ before you ditched a Z without having never driven one is kinda odd. Personally I would ditch the one that was the least fun to drive (likely the Z if the BRZ is any where near as fun as the MX-5).

Again, it just depends on what you want. I value the experience behind the wheel over the test track #'s. Other's are more about drag / street racing and chose #'s above all else.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nh3gog

I definitely understand your point of view regarding driver's cars.

I do think the Z car offers many things that are geared towards the driver:

inside the car = dash mounted gauges, prominent tachometer, sport steering wheel, sport bucket seats...

drivetrain = 3.7 liter V6 engine, 6 speed manual tranny, 7 speed automatic tranny w/ manual shift, limited slip diff...

chassis/suspension = performance brakes, RAYS sport wheels, sport tires, adavanced suspension design both front and rear, stiff/rigid body structure w/ use of steel & aluminium metals...

I think a Z car is very much a driver's car. It does put some emphasis on style and speed a little more than steering feedback, but all parts of the driving experience have been thoughtfully engineered by Nissan, I feel.