View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #985 (permalink)
vo2max99
Base Member

Drives: 08MS3-BM-6MT
vo2max99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
@vo2max99

I would agree with you if you compare stock to stock. Out of production, the 370z has a lot of "cost cutting" in which a lot of us feel Nissan never took the Z to the track during the summer to fully realized the huge drawbacks on the car.

The reason they ranked it low is because of the above issues. If you read the article carefully, they said they would rank it close second to the Evo if the following issues did not occur to them:

1) Rising oil cooler temps (hence why aftermarket oil coolers are highly recommended for the 370z)
2) Brake fade (Stock akebonos do not cool properly, 350z Brembos are a lot better).

However, on the car's "performance" itself and feel, they love it. It's kinda like having an RX-7, you think it's magnificent and if the engine pops, you think it's a piece of crap.

Careful when pulling articles when all you read is the title and summary results.

People's opinions can be different. If I own both cars and which I would sell first, it would be the FRS.
I've read the reviews and driven the car myself and the reason the Z isn't as good a driver's car vs. the EVO X and MX-5 go far beyond the oil heating and brake problems.

The general consensus is that the Z isn't a very good driver's car. It consistently places near the rear in best handling / best driver's car comparisons. Not to say the Z is a terrible car it isn't and I would take one over a Genesis Coupe and ANY FWD car including my 08' MS3.

The Z simply does not offer the same steering feedback / feel, chassis control and general overall experience as either the EVO or MX-5. It's a decent car for posting quick lab times but there are much better options for driver's cars.

How you could say you would ditch a BRZ before you ditched a Z without having never driven one is kinda odd. Personally I would ditch the one that was the least fun to drive (likely the Z if the BRZ is any where near as fun as the MX-5).

Again, it just depends on what you want. I value the experience behind the wheel over the test track #'s. Other's are more about drag / street racing and chose #'s above all else.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?nh3gog

Last edited by vo2max99; 05-17-2012 at 10:29 PM.