View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
plumber78
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
plumber78 will become famous soon enoughplumber78 will become famous soon enough
Default Car handles like crap.

Ok so my car has started to handle like crap. Last fall I went on a very spirited run and was absolutely amazed by the stability and handeling of the car through the curves. It inspired confidence and never once was I worried that it would not do what I asked it to. I have never driven a better handling car. This year I had not pushed it until this last week and now it is a completely different animal. In a straight line when I get into it hard starting around 70 mph it starts to get squirrelly. It feels very unstable. Tonight I took it on a curvy run and tried to push it a little. The thing was scary. It felt very loose and the traction control kept kicking in causing the front brake to engage a couple of times. I'm not a mechanic so I thought I would bring it to the forum to see if any of you have any input.

Three variables to consider:

1. The most likely reason in my opinion is that I just put new hankook v12 tires on the rear only. I was cheap and left the front tires on as they still had some tread left although not as much as I originally thought. They are the original tires and now have 27k.

2. At the same time I had new hawk hps pads installed

3. This winter, I put the car up on wheel dollies. In the process of doing so I had more than one wheel off the ground trying to get each wheel high enough to get it on the dollie. I doubt that had anything to do with it but I thought I would bring it up.

Any ideas?
plumber78 is offline   Reply With Quote