View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #247 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
I understand, but I'm only going to make one version, so if everyone agrees for shorter then I will. I just cant be making different version, it is hardly worth it as it is and multiple SKUs for such a small volume unit is just not worth it.

Perhaps one of the beta guys can comment or better still post a picture because 8in is hardly going to be dangling.
In my case this was a non-issue. The wire curled up and sat right on top of the plastic panel below the steering wheel. The factory wire comes from the left of the car then bends back sharply to plug into the right side of the lock unit. When you add the harness in, the lock unit and the plug from the original harness hold the new harness in place. The pieces of that OEM connector cannot move too far apart, there's no slack in the wire, hence the reason for the harness.

A small zip tie or two would secure the add-on harness just fine. I plan to do that but didn't, it was raining and I was just testing the harness. Now that it has passed the test, I'll look at it and see if it needs any extra securing. As it is, it cannot be seen down there due to resting on top of the panel under the steering wheel. In my opinion - whatever that's worth - I'd say the length of wire is just right.

Last edited by SiXK; 05-17-2012 at 02:29 PM.
SiXK is offline   Reply With Quote