View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #240 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911sc View Post
That's awesome, so basically with using the harness, you unplug the harness from the steering lock and put new new harness in between the two(that has the brown wire pin missing). Couldn't think of an easier solution.

I might have missed it in the thread but, have you decided on a set cost? And when they'll actually be available? I saw you said it was difficult to find them without purchasing in bulk.
Yes, basically.

The brown wire is there, so you can reconnect (putting car back to stock) without having to remove the harness.

Alternatively if you prefer a switch, to be able to effectively cut or join the brown wire at will. You would just attach a toggle switch to the two brown wires on the harness, like so

I'm just waiting on lead time, we were fairly confident that this would work so I had already given the supplier a heads up, so hopefully not as long as normal, but still waiting on the answer. Price is targeted to be $50
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote